What I learned from traveling till now



I remember one of the quotes that stated: “I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.” I use to wonder, how is that technically even possible?
But as I started traveling, this quote made more sense to me than ever.
I started traveling a year and a half ago, being an introvert has always been difficult in this gregarious society. Initially, I was a bit reluctant to travel alone but as time passed, I became more comfortable with it. Traveling not only taught me a way to communicate with strangers but also how to be comfortable in my own silences and in my own space.
Travelling taught me how to be independent and inculcated in me, a sense of self-awareness.
Moreover, I feel a lot more than this. I’ll list down some of the learnings along with the reason that I’ve experienced just because of traveling -
1.    It taught me to live with the bare minimum and realizing that’s all we need in life. It made me realize that happiness doesn’t come from expensive things but from freedom.
2.    It made me more patient and at the same time curious.
3.    It helped me to leave my comfort zone and make friends with strangers.
4.    It helped me to learn and embrace different cultures and trust me every culture is unique in its own ways.
5.    It has broadened my perspective. Nothing changes the way you view your own life experience like seeing the way other people live.
6.    I learned to live in the moment.
7.    I’ve started value experience over things.
8.    I’ve learned to roll with things and be flexible and adaptive.
9.    I feel more open to different ways of life now.
10.  Lastly, it helped me to discover myself.



I never thought that I would be able to travel alone in my lifetime but the places and people taught me how wrong I was.

To sum up, I would like to quote one of the famous sayings:
“Be who you are and say what you feel because of those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

Travel Travel and Travel.

Comments

Popular Posts